Monday 10 January 2022

Beautiful red apples, get them while they're fresh!

 

Another week, another post. Last week saw a flying start with 3 posts in short succession, but that's not going to be the regularity I'm aiming for in the long run. As long as stuff keeps moving forward, I'm a happy man.

Since the previous post I've assembled and primed a bunch of inventors. A post with pictures of primed models isn't very interesting, so instead I've taken pictures of some scenery I've worked on. I decided it was time to fill some market stalls with goods to sell. Gamewise empty stalls work just as well, but they are a bit boring. 

I've used bits from one of Mantic Games' Terrain Crate sets that I got via Kickstarter, combined with some flower tufts. I thought sealing the flower tufts with a mix of PVA, IPA and water would make them more sturdy. It worked in the sense that the flowers are now definitely very sturdy: there'll be no loose pettals in the storage box. The downside was bleeding of colours and a loss of volume. The result is not too bad, but I'm not sure if the method is going to be repeated in the future.

For the 2 stalls I've got left I'm going to have a go with green stuff and other bits&bobs.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blast from the (recent) past

Today, after quite a pause, a blast from the recent past! In March and April the hobby focus was mainly on getting stuff ready for PolderCon...